We are so proud of our Doggy Dancing title winners: Trish Gavaghan with Star, and Glenys Murray with Knight!
BDAG is planning an Odour Recognition trial on May 5th 2018 in Geelong (Moolap) with the assistance of Australian Canine Scent Work (ACSW)
Further information and to register for the NW1 trial:
Register to be a volunteer on the day:
Note the following:-
- Once the trial closes, the ACSW will check that all memberships are current, dogs are registered and will confirm the birch ORT has been passed.
- ACSW will – if needed – perform a ballot and will inform all successful competitors via email that they need to pay by 6 April (via CHQ/EFT).
- ACSW will inform unsuccessful competitors that they are on a waiting list (pending payments by successful competitors).
- ACSW will email all successful trial competitors between 20-25 April confirming all details for the day of the trial including the address.
Hosted by Bellarine Dog Activities Group
Tracking is ideal for dogs which have high drive and require a means for release. Tracking is also a great way to build a strong partnership with your dog built on trust and understanding. Emphasis is placed on learning how your dog works and working with your dog as a team. In tracking, a trail is laid out by either yourself or another person (tracklayer). This trail can be anything from a few hundred meters to well over a kilometre.
At tracking theory workshops you will learn about the dogs amazing and often underestimated ability for tracking, working with your dog as a partner, reading your dogs body language, training progression, troubleshooting and understanding scent movement in the environment.
Booking essential. Limited places available. Payment to Bellarine Dog Activities Group.
Cost: $80 each day or $160 for both.
Venue: 57 Coppards Rd Moolap 3224. [BYO lunch. Tea and coffee supplied]
Saturday July 29 2017, 9:00am-4:30pm: An information-packed seminar. No dogs at this theory day. $80 covers a 70 page booklet with all the theory plus troubleshooting, and how to progress in your tracking.
Sunday July 30 2017, 9:00am-5:00pm: Practical day. Bring your hungry dog (don’t feed your dog before coming to training).
On Sunday, also bring:
- Fixed collar or a back attach harness,
- Lots and lots of small soft treats – Devon. Chicken, etc.
- Dog Lead up to 5m long. No worry if you don’t have one, we can loan you one.
- Crate or car to house dogs when not working
- Lots of old socks preferably dark ones.
For more information
Contact Helen Read Secretary on 0415833508 or firstname.lastname@example.org