Training resumes in term 1 of 2021 !
We are delighted to be finalising arrangements to resume training in Term 1 of 2021. As everyone understands, our ability to resume and continue training is entirely dependent on the Victorian State Government Covid-19 restrictions that are in place. So, this situation could change at any time.
The training program for Term 1 of 2021 is different to our usual programme as a result of Covid. We have reduced the number of classes on offer and we also need to manage a very significant back log of new members who have patiently waited to begin training.
For Term 1 and potentially continuing into Term 2, we will offer a larger number of 4 week introduction classes for new members. Some people will undertake a second 4 week introduction class in Term 2, and some will move directly into Foundation 1 – this will be progress dependent.
We have instigated a new booking system for classes and membership, using ‘trybooking’. All memberhsip applications and training classes bookings in 2021 will be undertaken using the new system. Further information is provided in the section below.
We have developed a Covid-safe plan – as required to operate the club. All those participating in training will need to comply with the plan. Details will be provided in advance, and a briefing will be held on the first night of training.
Term 4 training – probable cancellation
As you know, we have been hopeful of a return to training in Term 4. Committee has been carefully monitoring changes to the covid restrictions for regional Victoria and forming training resumption plans. At times we’ve been just about to kick start training, only for a change in the covid situation to cause our plans to be deferred.
Following the easing of restrictions announced on Sunday 18 October we sought advice from State Government on our options. The firm advice from Business Victoria is that we are not yet permitted to resume operations as dog training is not a ‘permitted work premises’ under the directions issued by Victoria’s Chief Health Officer.
So what does this all mean…?
We can’t start any on-site training under the current restrictions. We will continue to review this position as the situation changes. However, it is now late in the year and realistically our options for any training in the remaining part of this year are limited. If it is possible, and in accordance with any relaxing of restrictions, will look to deliver a short block of training for new members later this year, many of whom have been waiting a very long time to start with us.
All of our current members will have their membership extended to 31 December 2021 at no additional cost.
Cancellation of Term 3 Classes
Due to Covid 19, regular training in Term 3 ( July to September) has been cancelled. It is likely that we will resume training in Term 4 (October start), provided it is safe to do so. The Committee is regularly reviewing the situation and decisions about training in Term 4 will be made well before the start of term.
We understand that this is disappointing, but the health and well-being of our members and instructors is paramount, and we are not able to achieve the physical distancing and hygiene requirements for dog training at the cattle pavilion over winter.
We are exploring alternative, but limited options to assist our new members, who have now been waiting for some time to begin training with us. Advice will be provided to new members shortly.
We will update our members via email, our web site and Facebook page.
CANCELLATION OF CLASSES TERM 1 & TERM 2
Due to the potential for spread of COVID-19, all classes and other dog training activities provided by BDAG have been cancelled.
This cancellation took effect from 17 March 2020 and will extend until at least 13 July 2020.
BDAG Committee will regularly monitor the situation, and in May will review the position for Term 3 of training (July start). Members will be kept informed through updates on this page.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your understanding during this difficult situation.
BDAG Refunds for Term 2 fees
Classes at BDAG have been cancelled due to COVID-19. These include: the last two lessons of Term 1 classes and all classes of Term 2.
Refunds will apply in some instances and they are outlined below:
Current members who have paid for Term 2 in advance may receive a full refund of the Term 2 training fees, or they may elect to direct that payment to the next available term of training. Membership will remain current until Jan 2021.
New members who have already commenced training may be refunded any fees paid for Term 2, or they may elect to direct that payment to the next available term of training. Membership and joining fees are not eligible for refund, and membership will remain current until Jan 2021.
New members who have not yet begun training, have three options:
Option 1. All fees paid can be refunded – membership, joining and term fees. In this instance, membership would be cancelled, and should you wish to train with us in the future, you would need to reapply for membership and be placed in the queue for an introduction class.
Option 2. Term two training fees only can be refunded, and the membership would remain current. In this instance, the member retains their existing place in the queue for introduction training, noting that it is not yet possible to determine when training will start. Members will continue to receive advice from BDAG about this and any other communications or offers the club provides to its members.
Option 3. You may choose not to take a refund and any funds you have paid will be put towards training with us when it resumes. In this scenario, you will of course retain membership until Jan 2021, and you will retain your place in the queue for the introduction class.
Please contact us by email if you would like to take up an eligible refund – email@example.com. You will need to provide details of the account you would like the refund paid into – account name, BSB and account number.
As soon as it is safe to do so, BDAG will recommence training. In May, the BDAG Committee will review the situation and may make further postponements.
Once it is determined that training can recommence, the training program will be developed, and members advised of classes available. While we will make every effort to place all members in a class in the initial start-back term, it is likely that some catch-up will be required with introduction classes, and those further down the queue may have to wait until the following term for a place.