If you would like to train with BDAG you will need to join the club and complete the steps listed below – please read on…..
If you are already a member of BDAG and have completed an introduction term, please see the Current BDAG Members page for class information and term forms.
IMPORTANT BDAG MESSAGE – COVID-19
CANCELLATION OF CLASSES – TERM 2, TERM 3, and probably TERM 4
Please note that due to COVID 19, all regular classes at BDAG have been cancelled from 17 March 2020. We were hopeful of resuming in Term 4, however, the State Government (Business Victoria) has recently advised that we are not yet permitted to do so. BDAG Committee will regularly monitor the situation, and will adapt our plans to match any future relaxing of restrictions.
Thank you for your understanding in this difficult situation.
Becoming a BDAG member and enrolling in dog training classes
We have four intakes for New Members each year, which generally align with the start of school terms. Introduction classes fill quickly and there is often a wait to begin training. All new members complete one term of classes at the introduction level, and can then move into the Foundation class stream.
Please note: our introduction classes are now full until January 2021
To train with BDAG, you must be a member of the club, and be allocated to a class.
To become a member you will need to:
- submit a membership application form for consideration of the Committee, and
- pay your first year membership fee
The Club has the right to refuse membership application.
To be allocated to a class, you will need to:
- be an approved and financial member, and
- have submitted a client profile form for each dog you wish to train, and
- have paid the term fee for each dog you want to train, and
- have provided us with proof of current vaccination of the dog(s)
- before your first class, have attended an orientation session – these are generally conducted on the Thursday night of the week before the start of each training term.
There is almost always a wait list for new members to be placed in a class, as both the availability of instructors and the size of the venue dictate the number of classes we can offer. Those who have submitted a membership application, a client profile, and have fully paid their fees are placed in a queue in order of the date of payment of fees. Those who have not fully paid or have not completed all forms, drop lower in the queue.
In the event you pay your fees but cannot be placed in a class for some time (due to the size of the wait-list) we will refund your fees in full on request.
In some cases, we may wish to discuss the suitability of group training classes for your dog, and this will sometimes be accompanied by an instructor meeting you and your dog to make an assessment. If the instructor determines that group classes are not in your dog’s best interests, we will suggest more suitable options for training.
To apply for membership:
- Download the following forms:
BDAG New Member Form [last updated 29 August 2019] and
BDAG Client Profile [last updated 27 August 2019]
Note – each form is in PDF format, and will open in a new page.
- Save the forms locally on your computer. If you do not save the form you may lose your responses!
- Fill in the forms.
- Pay the fees* as detailed below and on the ‘Join BDAG’ form by electronic funds transfer or direct deposit into the BDAG account nominated on the form – put your last name and “NM” in the reference field so we know you have paid!
- Email the completed files and information about payment to email@example.com
* If your application is not successful, your fee payments will be refunded. If there is an extended wait to be allocated a class your fee payments can be refunded in full on request.
BDAG New Member fees:
Fees have been updated for 2020.
There are two fees which apply to all new memberships, and all fees must be paid in advance:
- First year annual membership fee* (which includes: annual membership, joining fee and a training pouch and clicker)
- Term training fee – due for each dog trained, each term
*membership of those who join or begin training in the last quarter of a year extends through to December of the following year
New Member BDAG fees
First year membership fee ( standard annual membership fees apply after the first year, unless membership lapses, and are due by 1 January each year)
Standard single: $95
Standard family**: $110
Pension card holder^: $70
The first year membership fees includes a training treat pouch and clicker, and if you already have a pouch which meet standards approved by the head trainer, a $25 discount may apply (and no pouch will be provided).
Term training fee (paid per term for each dog; each term is generally 8 weeks of training)
Pension card holder^: $30
^ we will need to view your pension card – a photo submitted with your application will be fine, or bring your card to orientation night
** a family is defined as people living at the same address. Family membership is often used when multiple people from the same family will be training the dog or training more than one dog.
You can attend as many terms in a year as you wish (up to the maximum of 4 terms).
Club members are emailed information about classes and fees before each new training block. You then have the choice as to whether you want to attend for that block or not.
♦ Go to New member FAQs
♦ Go to BDAG Training Classes
♦ Go to Current BDAG members