We have a new page on our website: In Memoriam. Helen Stevens has written a lovely piece with her memories of club member Geoff Kempton.
In other news:
Places for new members in 2019 are almost full. If you know someone who is considering joining, remind them to check our Joining BDAG (membership) webpage.
Training dates for 2019 are now set (see our new calendar on the Current Members page):
Block 1, 30 January to 28 March
Block 2, 25 April to 21 June
Block 3, 18 July to 19 September
Block 4, 30 October to 12 December.
Two upcoming workshops (further details to come):
1) Alexis Davies ‘Scholars in Collars‘ will return to Victoria in March 2019, Alex will be doing a workshop for BDAG.
2) Ingrid Irwin‘s ‘Reactivity’ workshop planned for a weekend in May 2019. Bookings taken for 8 dogs at $110, observers $75. Participants will be asked to complete some background info and a goals list prior to the training. Ingrid recently ran an excellent information session for BDAG members about reactive dogs.
New members: Due to a double booking by the showgrounds, orientation for BDAG Block 4 has been moved to Tuesday 30 October.
When: Tuesday 30th October, 7pm.
Venue: Babies Change Room, Geelong Showgrounds.
No dogs that night. Existing BDAG members also welcome to attend.
Babies’ Change Rooms at Geelong Showgrounds.
Enter via Gate 2 on Breakwater Road.
After entering Gate 2, take the first or second left (either is OK) and drive down about 200m then park on the grass. The Baby Change is opposite the Lifestyle Pavilion.
See image below and Google map:
Could you be an instructor at BDAG?
BDAG is running a new Instructor’s course this month.
If you are interested, please contact Helen at email@example.com
BDAG Block training dates for 2017
||Wednesday 8 February
||Wednesday 29 March
||Wednesday 26 April
||Wednesday 28/29 June
||Wednesday 19 July
||Wednesday 20 September
||Thursday 26 October
||Thursday 14 December
Blocks 1, 2 and 4 run on Wednesday and Thursday nights.
Block 3 runs only on Wednesday night.
Classes in Block 1 2017 will include:
Puppy, Foundation 1, Foundation 2, and Geelong Canine Citizen (GCC).
After your dog has passed GCC you can join: Games, Obedience, Tricks and dancing, Scenting, and Agility levels 1 to 6.
Renewing for Block 1:
If you are an existing member returning for Block 1, please:
1) Download the 2017 BDAG existing member renewal and block form,
2) Save the form locally on your computer,
2) Fill in the form and pay the fees,
3) Email the completed file and information about payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All items prior to last year’s AGM have been archived on our website.